Thursday, August 15, 2013

Samantha's FIRST birthday

I'm not sure how we got here so quickly, but our sweet "baby" girl is already a ONE YEAR old! Just as sweet and happy as the day she was born, Sammy Grace has continued to bring smiles and laughter into our family.  Noah continues to be a wonderful big brother, and it's apparent that the two siblings love each other very, very much.
For her first birthday, I decided to default to a standard "princess" theme, mostly because I didn't feel like any of my other ideas were all that great.  I also knew that Sammy wouldn't complain ;)  I bought a few decorations, made a princess cake, and prepared -- with ample help from my in-laws who arrived early to spend time with us and help prepare -- croissant sandwiches.  It was, quite possibly, the largest party I have ever hosted with attendance from both family and close friends... and everyone's kids.  It was probably a little chaotic to some, but it seemed like everyone had a great time and I loved seeing everyone come to celebrate our little girl.  Thank you to everyone who came and made a special time even more special!
Thank you, Sammy, for being your sweet self and being such a wonderful baby girl and addition to our family.  We love you so very much and are blessed to have you as part of our family, and we can't wait to see how you grow in the coming years.

The birthday girl


A few of the party guests: 
Grandma Pat and Aunt Heather

Holly, Aunt Sarah, and Aunt Shari

John and Brittney Frey, Dory Copeland and Emma

Kelsey Blacketer and Savannah

Papa John

and Grandma Sharon

Swim time!

The food 

The cake

Some decorations

Jared with an excellent photobomb/awkward photo of my food layout.

mingle time!


Meal time: 



 Time for cake!








The boy who *refused* to eat cake for his last two birthdays -- he attacked it and then kept asking for more!



Sam tries cake for the first time! 





No leftovers allowed -- Jared and Heather help "clean up"

Presents


Noah liked the baby doll more than Sammy. 
He told us shortly after this picture that, "That baby gave me a fist bump!"


No comments: